Our new vibration isolators are unique and custom designed wire mounts that provide simultaneous shock and vibration reduction when your Modus camera mount requires it. Their special design allows you to mount wires in varying diameters from 3/32 inch to 3/16 inch. Each mount provides continual, multi-axis isolation.
- Mounts 3/32, 1/8, 5/32 and 3/16 inch wire rope
- Wire can be parallel or perpendicularly mounted
- Double 1/4-20 mounting holes
- The Modus platform can accommodate 8 total wire mounts
- Includes 4 wire mounts, 1 Modus platform, 1 Allen key, hardware
- Includes 10 feet of 3/32, 1/8 and 5/32 wire rope
- Assembly & wire cutting required
- Skill level required: Intermediate
With the provided wire, users are able to build their own unique isolators for any application. Each 10 foot length of wire makes four wire rope sets up to 15 inches per set. Camera load and terrain will determine the diameter and length of wire required. Larger diameter wire increases stiffness, while smaller diameter wire is not as stiff, thereby increasing absorption.
For assembly, you'll need a Phillips head screw driver and wire cutters. For easily cutting the wire, we recommend Muzata Steel Wire Cutters (link is tagged and will open in a new window / Non-tagged link here)