Orion DVC210 is the first camera crane built specifically for DSLR cameras weighing up to ten pounds. Extending to a reach of eight feet on a strong aluminum frame with black powder-coating, the Orion DVC210 uses an over-slung platform to stabilize the weight and offer a higher capacity. The Camera Extension Plate is now included with all Orion DVC210 camera cranes and allows you to attach cameras that may not be as compact as DSLRs.
No tools are required as the ProAm Orion DVC210 is shipped pre-assembled. Setup takes only a few minutes and operation is simple and straightforward. Literally, in minutes, you'll be able to achieve superior, professional shots that add incredible value to your productions.The Orion DVC210 crane is perfect for DSLR users who need to achieve professional results at an affordable price.
Amazing results. Affordable price. Easy decision.
What sets this crane apart from others on the market?
- Don't be fooled by imitations! ProAm® virtually created the market for mid-sized cranes. While imitations come and go, ProAm® will be around to honor the crane's LIFETIME warranty.
- The single rail design achieves a light weight crane easily assembled by 1 person. It is complemented and made more stable by a second rail that accomplishes the tilt function.
- High Density scratch resistant powder-coating. Others use only a black spray paint which flakes off easily.
- The combination of price, usable features and excellent build quality make it the best mid-sized crane on the market. The manufacturer warranties the product for life and we guarantee your total satisfaction with our 30 day money back policy!
- The design is completely tool-less at no extra cost!
- With this camera crane, operators can choose to tilt the camera independently while tilting the crane body so there is no need for an expensive motorized panhead, or by using the auto tilt feature, keep the camera fixed at the same angle while tilting the crane body. Most cranes force you to keep the camera level while booming. That won't allow you to keep focused on a subject and can severely limits your shots.
- ProAm® backs this product with a LIFETIME Guarantee, because they know it will last.
- Design protected by US Patent.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Lightweight and sturdy 6061 aircraft aluminum construction
- Gains 5ft (152cm) from the tripod or support and up to 11ft from the ground when attached to a large tripod
- Convertible design allows 4' extension to be added later
- Quickly mounts to standard tripod heads using 1/4" x 20 or 3/8" x 16 threads. Does not require removal of the head
- Camera can tilt independent of the crane itself
- Operate with one hand using auto-tilt mode. Camera stays level.
- 8' crane breaks down into two 4' sections in seconds
- Weights can be easily added for counterbalance (not included)
- Get shots from below or overhead subject
- Crane supports up to 10 lbs. (4.5 kg)
- Smooth effortless motions on three axis
- LCD monitor can be easily added to view live footage
- DVC210 crane weighs only 12 lbs (5.4 kg)
This item includes the camera crane only. The video camera, plate weight and tripod/stand are not included.
- 4 foot Extension - easily attaches without tools and can be used to extend the crane to 12'
- Camera Crane Stand - is a great and economical support for a ProAm USA Camera Crane
- 3/8" Bearing Mount for Crane - allows you to attach the crane directly to tripod legs and smoothly pan
- Tilt Brake for Crane - allows you to lock the crane in a tilted position. Use only when counterbalanced.
- Camera Crane Carrying Bag - easily fits a crane and accessories
- Heavy Duty Tripod with 3/8" Bearing Mount - Sturdy set of ProAm USA tripod legs included with the 3/8" Bearing Mount
- 1 ft Short Head - Converts the crane into a mini-jib for use indoors and in tight spaces.
- Stabilizing Support Cables (8 ft and 12 ft) - Adds extra rigidity when using heavier loads near the weight limit.
- Fine-Tuning Counterweight - Sliding counterweight assist is highly recommended!
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Can this crane be mounted directly on the tripod head?
Yes, the crane's tripod mount has both 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threaded holes for mounting to a tripod head's quick release plate. Just make sure your tripod head can support the overall weight of the crane and keep the tilt lock tightened.
With the Orion 210 and the added 4 foot extension, how much camera weight can it support, or is it still 10 lbs ?
We advise mounting a load of no more than 8 pounds when using the 4 foot extension with the crane. For 10 pound loads at the extended length, we recommend using the cable support kit.