Smooth, Flowing Movements
The Autopilot Camera Stabilizer from ProAm USA enables you to capture smooth, flowing movements that add a captivating dynamic to your films. With the triple axis gimbal, vibrations are greatly reduced making shots that seem to float.
Freedom for Motion
A camera stabilizer system created for DSLR cameras weighing up to 6 lbs, the AutoPilot is a lightweight and compact handheld system. It removes the need for tripods or dollies, giving great flexibility to filmmakers to achieve camera motion and tracking shots.
Designed and assembled in the US
The AutoPilot was introduced by ProAm USA, a US designer and manufacturer of film and video equipment that was founded in 2003.
Precision Bearing Gimbal
The AutoPilot Camera Stabilizer's large precision bearing gimbal absorbs unwanted camera motion over all types of terrain.
- 3-Axis Gimbal greatly reduces vibration and camera shake
- Soft foam grip handle makes handling it very comfortable
- Precision ABEC bearings are extremely smooth
Multiple Points of Adjustment
The AutoPilot features a camera platform with both X and Y adjustments, and multiple mounting holes for various camera positions.
- Easily offset DSLR camera lenses on the platform
- Designed to prevent camera from sliding off
- Forward/backward and side to side adjustments
- 1/4-20 camera thumb screw included
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Professional DSLR and Video Camera Stabilizer
- Operate at a compact 15 inches or a full 24 inches
- Supports cameras weighing up to 6 lbs (2.7 kg)
- Black anodized aluminum to reduce fingerprints
- Camera Screw: 1/4"-20 thumb screw included
- Counterweights: Includes 8 plate weights, 0.25 lbs each (4 oz)
- Mounting: 3/8"-16 threaded mount on handle
- Unit Weight: 2.2 lbs (1 kg)
- Custom foam mold for storage or transport
- Shipping Weight and Dimensions: 6 lbs, 18" x 10" x 4"
- Lifetime Warranty and 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Padded carrying bag now included:
- Outside Dimensions: 10" x 16.25" x 4.25"
- Interior Dimensions: 9.5" x 15" x 3.5"
- Max Shoulder Strap Length: 41"
- Min Shoulder Strap Length: 21"
- Weight: 15 oz
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
I have a small Sony flip camcorder HD-CRX series. Will this camera balance with the flip out viewfinder flipped out? If so, does it make the unit harder to achieve balance? If not, what do you recommend?
Yes, it will easily balance even with the LCD screen flipped out. The rotating plate weights allow you to fine tune the balance without making additional adjustments to the camera platform. For lightweight cameras, we recommend using a quick release plate beneath the camera to increase the weight on the camera platform, making balancing easier.
This was the first “glidecam” type stabilizer I have ever bought. It has lasted me about 2 years before I moved on to my next stabilizer. I noticed some differences between this one and the one I have now (about $100 more expensive than the Autopilot).
The first thing I noticed was how light the Autopilot was compared to my new “Flycam Redking”. A light glidecam has its pros and cons. Yes it is easy to use for a longer period of time, but the Autopilot also is way more shaky and harder to control than my new heavier one. The grip is also a little bit short on the Autopilot and I sometimes nip my finger on the rotating pieces. The grip feels nice though and the body extends and contracts very easily and nicely.
The biggest problem I had at first with the Autopilot is how it doesn’t come with a quick release plate. This is so essential for quick balancing, so I had to buy a “manfrotto” quick release plate to go on top.
Speaking of balancing, it’s not too difficult to balance, but the knobs on the top plate are sometimes annoying to deal with, especially if it’s cold out.
Overall I’m pretty happy with my Autopilot purchase 2 years ago and it’s a great glidecam to start off with. Although, when I got mine it slightly turned to the left because of “an over tightened screw in the bearings”. Otherwise, great product!
I would give it 3.5 stars but that’s not possible so I’ll just round up to 4.
Just got this thing. Set up was tricky but not too bad. Went out and did a test walking stairs, on grass etc. Love the shots. Looks like a Stedicam. Arm fatigue is a factor with 5lb or greater cameras. For fairly short sequences this thing is magic. I highly recommend it. Onto a ProAm jib next!
So-So rating on this product-- pretty difficult to balance & sub-par directions and help on doing it 100%
I like the company so far equipment very well build and easy to work with the only thing that stop me from give a 5 star rate is the shipping it wasn't bad but I just wish it was faster since is almost a new standard of the 2 day shipping policy besides that so far I can say I'll buy again from you guys happy guy here thx.
Excellent service. They are very knowledgeable and lighting fast shipping